Help For Seniors
Seniors – Why Miss Out on the Advantages of New Technology?
You’re certainly not on your own if you feel uncomfortable or even threatened by current and emerging technology. It’s quite natural to feel overwhelmed by things you don’t understand. The world of the Internet, or the Web is extraordinary, there is so much information available so readily. You’ll find the answers to questions on just about any topic you can think of.
How does Email work? What’s this SMS or Texting that my children and even my grandchildren are talking about? What else can my mobile phone do other than make calls? How do I get the photos off my camera and on to my computer? Can I turn a photo on my computer into a real photo for me to frame? How do I record a show on my TV?
The answers to these questions may seem beyond you, but they needn’t be, in fact the answers are quite simple. If you’re prepared to put aside your fears about technology, you can open up a whole new world of information sharing and learning as well as having fun in the process.
At SilverSurf, we recognise that the idea of signing up to a night course at the local college or travelling into the city for an information evening, is not for everyone. It can be intimidating and you may feel embarrassed asking questions. SilverSurf can come to you, in your own home using your own equipment and give you a personalised learning experience at your own pace.
SilverSurf will help you make the most of your technology. From the most simple of problems to complex issues, our professional and understanding, home based support services provide help with things such as:
Solving Computer Problems
- Installing your printer, fax, scanner and web cameras
- New Computer Setups including personalization features
- Setting up your email software to keep you in touch with friends and family
- Updating your system software and hardware
- Broadband setup
- Installing Anti-virus software
- Showing you how you can easily surf the web and use your computer to the full.
Help with mobile phones
- Teaching you how to get the most from your phone – how to send and receive calls, send and retrieve text messages, save contact details and even how to send and receive emails on your phone.
Installing and operating your TV and home entertainment system
- We’ll help you to buy and set up your TV and Set Top Box
- How to play and record DVDs as well as connect IPods and digital cameras.
- Multi Room Surround Sound – For that real cinema experience at home
Getting the most from your Digital Camera
- Learn how to take photos,
- Transfer them to your computer,
- Edit them and
- Store them in digital photo albums and printing them out.
GPS Car Navigators
- Learn how to set up and use your car navigator, as well as keeping it up to date.
For ongoing support, some people prefer to use our on-line support which we provide by email and / or phone. This is an affordable subscription service of varying periods.
You may want help on just one incident, or perhaps over a series of issues.
When you contact us, we’ll take care to understand your specific problem and then provide you with a thorough level of support and advice.
Just call us, or go to our contact page to get in touch with us.
- Store, View and share your videos and photographs
- VOIP Phones, great for phoning family and friends overseas
- Home and Personal security
- You name it! If you have a technical challenge, give us a call or simply go to our contact us page